Hawthorn extract provides nutritional support for healthy cardiovascular function. This herbal formula improves coronary flow, preserves and protects heart tissue, and increases the strength of myocardial contractions.
- CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH SUPPORT: Hawthorn is an herbal formula that is designed to help support cardiovascular health.*
- HEART TISSUE SUPPORT: Hawthorn promotes blood flow in the arteries surrounding the heart to help maintain heart tissue.*
- HERBAL FORMULA: This herbal formula supports coronary flow, healthy heart tissue, and myocardial function.*
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Pure Encapsulations manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.*
- FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Hawthorn has been associated with GI upset, nausea, fatigue, dizziness or rash. Heart palpitations, headache, agitation, shortness of breath or circulatory disturbances have also been rarely reported. Individuals with a history of heart failure should be carefully monitored. Consult your physician for more information. Hawthorn may be contra-indicated with vasodilating medications, including calcium channel blockers, nitroglycerin and phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors due to potential additive effects. Individuals on antihypertensive medications may require blood pressure monitoring. Theoretically, concomitant use with digoxin could potentiate the effects, altering the dose needed. Consult your physician for more information.
Each vegetarian capsule contains: hawthorn (crataegus oxyacantha) extract (leaf) 500 mg (standardized to contain 2% vitexins). Other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water).
1-4 capsules per day, in divided doses, between meals.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please contact your healthcare professional immediately if you experience any unwanted side effects. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Please be sure to consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.